Maybe you sat down to read this post with these questions in your mind – “Why is my health not better?” or “What can I do to get my health back?” or, “Is it even possible for me to have better health even though I […]
You might have just walked away from Thanksgiving dinner and realized just how bad your bloating or heartburn is, which you got you thinking, “Is there anything I can do for this?” The number of people who deal with some kind of digestive issue, from […]
Who doesn’t get bloated? Either you ate too much, ate something that disagreed with you, maybe you have no idea why you are bloated or maybe you are suffering from chronic bloating! Whatever the reason, bloating can be severely uncomfortable and frustrating. The good new is, however, that there are some incredibly powerful natural remedies to reduce or get rid of your bloating quickly and effectively.
- Activated Charcoal – Activated charcoal is an incredible compound that can be found in capsules at any local health store or pharmacy. It absorbs gas thereby reducing your bloated belly!
- Peppermint Essential Oil or Peppermint Tea – Peppermint is an incredibly powerful herb that can reduce bloating, improve stomach upset and reduce nausea. If you are using peppermint essential oil remember to combine with a carrier oil (like coconut or grapeseed oil) before applying to the skin on your abdomen because it is very potent and can ‘burn’ the skin. Peppermint tea can be sipped throughout the day as needed or after a meal to reduce bloating and stomach upset.
- Carbo Vegetalis Homeopathic Remedy – Carbo Veg is for that bloating that you get after eating or drinking with lots of belching and a heavy feeling in the stomach. The bloating may be more upper of your upper abdomen and you may feel pain over your stomach which is worse lying down. The belching may have a foul odour. How to Take: Carbo veg 30C – Let 2 pellets dissolve under your tongue and repeat every 15 minutes or more up to a maximum of 6 times. Take 20 minutes after eating or drinking and wait 20 minutes before eating or drinking after taking it.
- Lycopodium Clavatum Homeopathic Remedy – Lycopodium is more for that bloating that you get even if you only ate a tiny amount of food. You will find there is lots of gurgling or rumbling of your abdomen and that your lower abdomen may be more bloated. Belches may have a sour taste. How to Take: Lycopodium 30C – Let 2 pellets dissolve under your tongue and repeat every 15 minutes or more up to a maximum of 6 times. Take 20 minutes after eating or drinking and wait 20 minutes before eating or drinking after taking it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) – ACV is great if you have after meal bloating, belching or reflux. A teaspoon or two with a little bit of water can be sipped on helping to improve digestion of the meal and thereby reduce bloating. Remember though, if this is a chronic issue after eating you most likely suffer from low stomach acid and probably need to see a qualified natural health care professional who can help you get your digestion back in order.
These suggestions may be helpful but will not get to underlying causes.
Just remember that sometimes bloating is a sign of other health issues that may need to be treated by a qualified health care professional.
Happy Friday! 🙂
Do you find that you drag yourself through the day? Do you sleep 7+ hours and still wake up tired and groggy? Do you find yourself more tired even after drinking 2 cups of coffee? Do you have troubling concentrating or focusing at work because […]
Have you recently walked into a health food store (or even Shopper’s Drug Mart) and come across the expensive beverage called kombucha? Maybe you are wondering what all the fuss is about this drink? I mean, who spends $8-9 on a 750ml bottle (unless it’s […]
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is all the rage as a fat-burning, blood-sugar lowering, cancer-fighting, inflammation-reducing home remedy. Plus it is cheap, easily accessible and simple to take.
Personally, I think the stuff tastes nasty, despite all the recommendations to sweeten with honey, or add cinnamon, (I mean, who likes to drink vinegar?) but I do drink it! As I quickly chug it every morning I tell myself, “This is healthy! This is healthy!” and I quickly chase it down with a cup of cool, plain water. Who said healthy was fun!?
Should you drink this stuff? Are the benefits really as true as they claim to be? How much should you drink to get it’s benefits? Is there anyway to drink it that is slightly bearable? Maybe you are a fairly healthy person and don’t think you need to add/do anything for your health.
Personally the use and ingestion of ACV is probably the one thing I would recommend to anyone whether you are healthy or struggling with health issues.
Why? Not only is it easy to take and affordable, but because the health benefits of ACV are so numerous and far-reaching, it is a sensible thing to take!
Apple cider vinegar provides numerous health benefits including:
- Detoxification – This is something everyone needs! We are all exposed to toxins on a daily basis – from the air we breathe in to the food we eat! ACV is capable of helping your body ‘clean’ your liver, lymphatics and digestive system.
- Improved digestion – We all struggle with issues with our digestion at points. The acid in ACV helps stimulate digestion juices and improve food breakdown and nutrient absorption. Take 1 tbsp in 1 cup of water about 5 minutes before eating. Additional benefit of doing this is that it can help suppress appetite and prevent you from overeating! ACV also contains probiotics which are healthy bacteria for your gut.
- Decrease your body’s inflammation – ACV helps improve overall alkalinity in the body which decreases your body’s inflammation response. Inflammation contributes to cancer, chronic pain and other serious health problems. Because we all generally eat food that increases our body’s inflammation (like meats, eggs, sugar, dairy) we could all use the benefits of this home remedy!
I’d recommend drinking 1-2 tbsp daily either first thing in the morning in 1 cup of water or add to a bottle of water and sip throughout the day. Make sure the type of ACV you take contains the “mother” (Bragg’s is often recommended). The cloudy appearance of this vinegar is important because it shows it contains the healthy probiotic strands.
There are SO many different reasons why ACV vinegar is a must take! I’ve only listed 3 here but you can check out websites that list up to 20 reasons why this folk-remedy is a powerful health booster!
If you are looking for an easy, affordable way to improve your overall health I would highly recommend adding apple cider vinegar into your daily routine.
For additional benefits of ACV check out these websites: